Transit Visa (Type “B” Visa)
The transit visa is issued to an alien who enters the Republic of Bulgaria from one State en route to another State and who leaves the territory of Bulgaria within 24 hours.
The period of validity of a transit visa may not exceed 12 months reckoned from the date of issue and entitles the alien to a single, double or multiple transit passages.
The number of transit passages through the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria authorized by a multiple transit visa may not exceed 90 within any six-month period.
Upon submission of an application for the issuing of a transit visa, the applicant must present:
• a foreign-travel document issued in good and due form;
• a photocopy of the pages of the foreign-travel document containing the personal data and the visas affixed and/or a photocopy of the residence permits held for the States of onward transit and for the State of final destination, should such permits be necessary;
• an application completed in a standard form and 1 colour photograph (passport size (3.5 by 4.5 cm), glued to the application form);
• proof of guaranteed means of transport for the transit passage and a copy of this proof, and/or proof of possession of sufficient financial means for continuation of the journey;
• proof of possession of sufficient financial means to cover the subsistence costs for each transit passage, to the minimum amount of EUR 50 or the equivalent of this amount in another freely convertible currency and, in the case of an overland transit passage by a means of transport operated by the applicant, additional financial means to the minimum amount of EUR 200 or the equivalent of this amount in another freely convertible currency.